Friday, July 29, 2011

Day 2 and 3

After a fun day at Mackinac Island, we spent the evening at Laura's grandparents' house, starting off with a hamburger fry. By this time, more relatives and friends were arriving...including my uncle and aunt, Bruce and Kathy. It was fun to see them - it had been quite awhile!

We spent most of the evening just hanging out by the water and playing. Gorgeous weather - no wind!



Lane got to go on a canoe ride with Bret and Laura. He loved the canoes...so much so that Curtis thinks it would be fun to get one for the Henderson lake! Lane also had fun getting into a splashing war while Curtis was on the kayak. Can you believe that we even got my mom to get in a canoe? It helped that the water close to shore was only a couple feet deep :)


Some father-son bonding time...


After a good night's sleep (finally!) Laura's other set of grandparents made breakfast for us all Saturday morning...then it was off for more playing in the water! Since the boys kept going fishing and leaving us girls to deal with the kids all by ourselves, we decided it was time for them to keep track of the 3 little ones while we went waterskiing.


We knew the water would be cold, but since it has been awhile since either me or Casey had waterskiied, we decided to go. I really wasn't sure if I would, but after watching Casey, I just had to!

We made Bret go first...


When he still had goosebumps 10 minutes after leaving the water, I didn't know if I would go! So Casey went next....


After she was done, I asked her how cold the water really was. Her reply: "As soon as you jump in you'll think this is the stupidest idea ever. But once you're out of the water it's fine!" Ok, I was going. And she's right - it was a stupid idea to be hanging out in that water...you definitely want to keep your skiis on and get up the first time! Luckily, I did.


Apparently they were all worried I was going to lose the skirt to my swimsuit. Lucky for them, it was attached to rest of my suit!

I survived, but I only went once. There was no way I was going to be in that frigid water for longer than I had to!

We convinced my dad to try skiing - he hadn't been for 40 years, but after 4 tries, he got up! Looked good!


After a quick lunch and some bubbles for the kids....


...it was time to get ready for the reason we all went there: the wedding reception. Unfortunately I don't have any pictures from that, but it was a fun time! Very good food (including fried whitefish - yumm!) and it was fun to meet some of Laura's relatives/friends. The kids enjoyed the fact that we were outside all day so they could just run around being silly.

Curtis and the boys went waterskiing that evening. Curtis told me, oh don't worry, I don't think I'll wakeboard since I don't want to get hurt. Yep - he went anyway - and crashed big time. Cut his mouth and hurt his back - but nothing a chiropractor can't fix!

Then it was off to bed for over-tired crabby kids where we got another good night of sleep...thank goodness, since the last day was pretty long!

No comments:

Post a Comment