I'm sitting here enjoying my VERY quiet house...Lane is at preschool and both Katy and Scarlett are napping. Of course, Scarlett is sitting right next to me and making baby noises, but they are so much cuter than preschool boy noises!
We've survived the first week of having 3 kids. Scarlett is the easy one. Lane has been acting up (due to pneumonia and not getting as much attention as he's used to). Katy has finally resigned herself to the fact that Mommy can't do everything for her anymore - Daddy has had to take over some things.
Scarlett is a great sleeper so far (knock on wood). She typically sleeps in 4-5 hour stretches at night. I am sleeping great (meaning, whenever I'm in bed, I'm actually sleeping) and I feel like I am playing catch-up from the last 9 months of no sleep. Now, if only I didn't have to get up at night with a baby!
After a trip to a lactation consultant, we're getting better with the eating thing. Scarlett weighed 8 lbs, 8 oz at her appointment today, so I am very glad that she is gaining weight! So far she's the only one of my kids that hasn't had a weight-gain issue by this time. Very thankful!
Katy is finally only getting up once or twice to go potty, and she just tells Curtis and will let him help her without a fuss. We had a few nights of pretty bad tantrums. Now, if she would only stop waking Lane up in the morning!
Lane is beyond excited about Halloween (he's going to be a dragon) and had a great time carving pumpkins. I do think he's sad that harvest is over...but he's been very happy to have Daddy around to play Legos with.
![]() |
| Pumpkin masks (Lane's idea!) |
![]() |
| Two little sisters can wear a boy out! |
![]() |
| Future thumb-sucker? She hates to be swaddled and loves to have her hands by her face. |
![]() |
| We've watched a lot of Bob the Builder, Super Why, and Curious George this week! |
![]() |
| Katy "helped" scoop the seeds out... |
![]() |
| Lane did a pretty good job carving his ghost! |









No comments:
Post a Comment