Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Review of "Inescapable"

Lizzie Engel grew up in the secluded town of Kingdom, Kansas.  She has spent the past 5 years running from her past - and everyone in it.  Lizzie decides to leave Kansas City when she realizes that she is being followed; however, she has no place to go but Kingdom!  Once there, she remembers the good things about growing up in the small Mennonite town.  But as she comes face to face with her past - will she have to leave  home once again?

I chose to read Inescapable because of the Mennonite connection - and even though the Mennonite faith they portrayed in the book is very different from the Mennonite faith I grew up with - it was still interesting to read of Lizzie's struggles.  It took me a little while to get into this book.  I'm not a huge fan of mystery novels, perhaps because I don't like not knowing what's going on!  Once I got about halfway through, I had to finish it that night because I was so invested in the characters!

I do recommend this book to anyone who typically enjoys contempory fiction (especially if you are usually into romance) because although it is technically a mystery novel, it is still a pretty light read.

I received a copy of this book from Bethany House Publishers in exchange for an honest review.  All opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment