Sunday, June 24, 2012
Katy's 2nd Birthday Party
We celebrated Katy's 2nd birthday with all our family (minus Rachelle and Brent & families)...it was quite the crowd! I decided to hold her party a little earlier so that my Grandma and Grandpa Reimer were able to attend - I was glad they could make it!
Katy really liked all of her gifts - she commented on every one as she was opening it! Her favorite was probably the Lightning McQueen car from Bret and Laura. (There is hope for her though - I saw her making Tow Mater and Lightning McQueen "kiss"!)
I decorated with streamers and helium balloons. The kids had so much fun letting the balloons go outside and watching them float away!
For the food, we had Jimmy Johns' sandwiches, chips, macaroni salad, and fruit.
While researching rainbow parties, I came across this cool drink idea: make ice cubes out of Kool-Aid, then pour Sprite over it. It was pretty yummy - and really pretty!
Katy had a lot of fun running around and being silly. Chad brought the slip n slide over, so all the kids put on their swimsuits and got wet. It was a perfect night - warm, but not too hot, and just a slight breeze to keep everyone cool enough. (Hopefully my mom or Casey has some pictures of this...I was too busy cleaning up and didn't get any!)
Then came Katy's favorite part: the cake!
She did a really good job blowing out her candles! She liked it so much that Curtis re-lit them three or four times for her.
The cake! It was a fun cake to make and I think everyone really liked the rainbow colors! It turned everyone's tongues different colors :)
Both kids stayed up way too late and had way too much sugar. I caught Lane downstairs at 4:00 this morning playing with Katy's presents. I guess he figured he had to be early to avoid fights! He willingly went back to bed when I pointed out that it was way too dark to be awake.
We got Katy a few things for her favorite doll - a cradle, a high chair, and a sleeper outfit. She was really excited to get everything out this morning. This was the first time I've ever seen her play with a doll so much - she fed her, gave her a bath, and then put her down for a nap. So cute!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)










No comments:
Post a Comment