Tuesday, June 19, 2012

22 weeks


22 weeks today!  In some ways, this pregnancy seems to be going faster than the other two (thank goodness!).

-I am much more exhausted this time around.  Not so much tired, but plain old exhausted.  Probably from chasing two kids around in the heat.
-I have only gained 9-10 pounds so far...much better than the 20 I had gained by this point with the other two.  Probably due to chasing two kids around in the heat :)
-It's a girl!  Excited that Katy will have a sister to play softball with someday and excited that I have a pretty good wardrobe for this little one already.
-This pregnancy is completely different than the other two...so I hope that means this one won't be such a difficult newborn?
-I'm actually not sleeping too bad - my hips don't hurt as much and if I am awake in the middle of the night, it's typically only for about an hour instead of two.  I did figure out that it's much harder to go back to sleep after tending to either of the kids if they wake up...so Curtis pretty much gets kid duty at night ;)
-We've already kinda started the transition to the new sleeping arrangements - we moved Katy to a twin bed.  So far, she's done great!  Stays in bed, falls asleep quickly, and loves her new Lightning McQueen sheets.  The next step is getting Lane used to bunk beds, then moving Katy in to his room.  I'm not expecting either of those to go as smoothly!
-Mostly just craving mozzarella sticks and nachos.  And Twizzlers.  I've given in to Mt. Dew cravings a few times, too.
-I am tired of maternity clothes already.  And why do they have to be so expensive?
-The sign behind me is the latest addition to our basement.  We got it from my grandparents - it's so cool!  Grandma is supposed to be getting me some pictures of the chicken hatchery and I'm planning to add those to the window frame.

No comments:

Post a Comment