...but here are a few Christmas photos any way. I've been having blogger issues (sometimes when I upload pics, add one, and then go back to add more, the rest have disappeared. Any one know what to do?) and things have been busy! I've been working on my year-long menu plan and getting those grocery lists typed out, playing with my Silhouette, and re-painting an old desk from my parents' house.
Lane and Katy have really been enjoying their Christmas presents. I think the favorite right now is Duplos - both kids love to play with them, and since we have plenty, they can usually play without fighting!
We've all been sick with sore throats, headaches, and coughs. I think we're finally on the mend! Lane still has a cough and Katy is still teething, but we finally feel pretty much normal.
We finally decided to sell our bedroom set and it sold pretty quickly! We've had a log/rustic bedroom set since Louisville - while I like the look, it pretty much locked me into living with camouflage and hunting decor for the rest of my life. We got almost what we paid out of it, so I'm pretty happy about that! Curtis is going to make a headboard, I'm going to repaint his dresser, and my dresser is going to be this huge not-so-pretty-to-look-at dresser that we got from my great-aunt Helen a few years ago. It's going to fill up the whole closet, but it has to be hidden :) We want our bedroom to feel as uncluttered as possible, and 2 dressers just won't fit right! Now I just have to wait for Curtis to finish a little drywall - then I get to paint and pick out new bedding and nightstands. So much fun!
Katy has been talking a little bit more - saying words like "string cheese", "stuck", "ball", "balloon", and "green". I really hope that she starts talking earlier than Lane did!
Lane is really glad to be back at preschool after Christmas break. He missed his friends! It seems that every one of his friends got some Cars stuff for Christmas - so they've all been bringing their stuff to preschool and playing with Lightning McQueen and Mater everyday! Lane also says silly stuff - just the way he says things now seems more grown-up. He actually used the phrase "I tend to do that" yesterday! He also feels the need to explain things more - I asked him who his friends are. "Hmmm...Miles. Oh yeah, and Braden. You know, the one who belongs to Kara and Luke and Brad." Yes, Lane, I remember who Braden belongs to ;)
Hopefully I'll get over my laziness and get back to sharing more pictures soon! (Sorry, Grandma, for not updating more!)

I'm SO glad Braden is one of Lane's friends. That story is hilarious! :)
ReplyDelete