Wednesday, April 28, 2010

A 2-year-old!

Can't believe that Lane is 2! Well, I guess his birthday isn't until tomorrow, but we celebrated on Sunday, so it "feels" like he's 2 already (and he's acting like he's 2...he's upstairs running around in his room when he is supposed to be sleeping so that Mommy can take a nap too!).

I decided to do a construction theme for his party (really only the cake and colored plates, he doesn't need much!). I thought that the cake turned out really cute. My friend Kara did a farm theme cake for Braden's birthday, so I kinda copied her! It was super easy to put together and Curtis and I had fun shopping for the candy and the toys!

Lane got lots of cool presents from family...a tool set...


A Play Doh set.....


A Tonka crane....


Lane was so excited about the toys on his cake that he didn't eat any! He just wanted to play in the "rocks".




After we were done with all of that, we took Lane out to the garage to see his gift from Chad. Chad made an excavator to go behind a trike (a hand-me-down that is still too big for Lane). It's so cool and Lane loves it! He hasn't quite mastered how to actually scoop with it, but he likes to watch Mommy use it ;) Curtis is planning to paint it yellow and black like the John Deere excavators. Should be pretty cool when it's all done!



It was really fun to celebrate with everyone and I'm pretty sure that Lane had a great time! The next day, I told Lane that it was Mommy's birthday, and he just looked at me like, "uh huh, it's not your birthday, I'm the only one who's supposed to have a birthday." Crazy boy.
As a side note....Lane and I went out to the field this morning. He said something when he saw Curtis, and I said, "Tractor?" He nodded and smiled, so that must've been what he meant. It actually sounded like tractor...so maybe we're getting closer to some words!

No comments:

Post a Comment