Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Freezer meals

Here's a list of all the meals that I made before Katelyn was born. I think I made 10 or 11 recipes, and each one made at least 2 meals - so I ended up with over 25 meals in the freezer! I was so thankful that I had them since she cried everytime I put her down when she was a newborn :)

Three-Cheese Lasagna
Chicken Potpies
Ham & Cheese Casseroles
Peachy Barbeque Chicken
Chicken Cordon Bleu Bake
Turkey Tetrazzini
Ham & Cheese Potato Casserole
Creamy Chicken Casserole

I also made a few recipes from other places...one of my favorites is Verenika Casserole. Since it's from an old church cookbook from my grandma's church, I'll just write it out! It freezes pretty well - actually, I like it better after it has been frozen!

Verenika Casserole
1 pkg extra-wide noddles, cooked
2 cups cottage cheese
2 eggs
1 tsp. salt
Pepper
Ham, cubed
2 cups half and half
2 cups sour cream

Mix cheese, eggs, salt, pepper; layer this with noodles in 9x13 pan. In skillet, brown ham. Stir in half and half and sour cream; pour over noodles and cottage cheese layers. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 to 40 minutes.

I also have a pdf file with a ton more freezer recipes if anyone is interested. I used a few recipes out of there to stock my freezer and they turned out pretty good.

1 comment:

  1. nice to see you back and blogging! thanks again for sending me the recipes!

    ReplyDelete