It took a little bit of crying to get him to sleep the first few nights. We had to stay in his room to make sure that he stayed on the bed until he fell asleep. We were pleasantly surprised when it only took 3 nights and he was falling asleep on his own like always! It also surprised me that he actually slept in (almost an hour later!) the first night. I figure his bed must be alot more comfortable than the crib was. He had started waking up a few times a night in his crib, but once he moved into his twin bed, that stopped. Lane is back to waking up at 7:00, but at least it's not 6:30-6:45 like he was doing for awhile!
The first morning that I went in to his room to get him, I noticed that his blanket and his kitty were across the room. Strange. Then I saw that he had a big bump on his forehead! I guess that he probably got out of bed in the middle of the night and ran into something. He never cried or anything though!
Now, even when it takes him 45+ minutes to fall asleep for a nap, he always stays on his bed (it helps that he sleeps with about 10 stuffed animals so he always has someone to play with) and, when he wakes up, he waits for me to come get him before he will get out of bed.

No comments:
Post a Comment